Thursday, November 1, 2012

saw a 2010 tsx online. I sent out the quote request and by the morning Jennifer had contacted me with all the requested information.

I saw a 2010 tsx online. I sent out the quote request and by the morning Jennifer had contacted me with all the requested information. That afternoon, I went into the dealership was introduced to Debro Kent. Debro spent his whole day with me. Prior to taking the test drive, Debro explained all the features and capabilities of the car. A lot of them I wasn't aware of/ Debro knew them all. After this I took the test drive. Following the test drive, we discussed numbers and Debro was able to get me in the price range that I was comfortable. By the next day I had changed my mind. I decided that I wanted to go with a new tsx, but it was way out of my price range. I discussed this with Debro. Although Debro is in the used car sales department he continued working with me in my new car search. Debro spent another full day with me. I finally decided on the car I wanted. We started working on the paperwork and I changed my mind again. I wanted a different color. They found the color I wanted with the interior color that I liked without a problem. I signed the papers and later picked the car up . Before I could pick the car up, I needed to get insurance. Jennifer Carter helped me with that. She worked during her lunch to call a couple insurance companies and get the best rate. I had no idea what I was doing, but Jennifer took care of the process and got me the rate I wanted. She knew what she was doing and she got it done quickly and easily. During the delivery process, Debro throughly explained all of the features and ways to get familiar with my car. At this point the dealership was closed and Debro stayed even later to make sure I understood the car. I left the dealership happy and grateful that for the experience I had at Precision Acura. Debro was very friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and understanding. He wasn't pushy, he was respectful. He was extremely patient. I changed my mind twice and stayed late with Debro both days. I was comfortable and confident while dealing with Debro. He helped me get the car I wanted even when it wasnt in his department. If you are going to buy a car, see Debro. I'm extremely satisfied and look forward to the time when I can get another acura.
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Precision-Acura-of-Princeton-review-15600/##r841939

No comments:

Post a Comment